Chocolate Protein Bars- Serves 10
Dairy, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nut, Soy, Wheat, Fish, Shellfish Free
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed very well)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 7 tbsp chocolate protein powder (I used Nutribiotic plain brown rice protein)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave or honey
- 1 stevia packet or 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 1/2 tbsp coconut or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup enjoy life chocolate chips or other safe chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients except chips in a food processor
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 square pan.
- Cook the homemade chocolate protein bars 16 minutes.
- They will still look underdone when you take them from the oven, but this is okay. Let cool, then pat down with a pancake spatula. Refrigerate overnight.
- The bars will have firmed up and are now ready to cut and eat. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.